Colossians 1:28 NLT “… we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect] in their relationship to Christ.”Paul and Pramila Jabez
1. The Eternal GODHEAD: We Believe in God who is the eternal, self-existent, who has revealed Himself as one being in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and who is the Creator and preserver of things visible and invisible – Mark12:29; Matthew28:19; Psalms86:9-10; Isaiah43:10-11
2. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: WE BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ, the second person of the triune Godhead, who was and is the eternal Son of God; that He became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary. WE BELIEVE in His sinless life, miraculous ministry, atoning death, bodily resurrection, glorious ascension, and abiding intercession – Isaiah7:14; Matthew1:23; Hebrews7:26; 1Peter2:22; Acts2:22; 10:38; 2Corinthians5:21; Hebrews9:12; Luke24:39; 1Corinthians15:4; Acts1:9; Ephesians4:8-10; Romans8:34; Hebrews7:25.
3. THE HOLY SPIRIT: WE BELIEVE in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the triune Godhead, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, and is ever present and active in the work of convicting and regenerating the sinner, and sanctifying and guiding the believer into all truth – John14:26; John16:8- 11; 1Peter1:2; Romans8:14.
4. THE HOLY SCRIPTURES: WE BELIEVE all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is infallible, revealing the will of God concerning us in all things necessary to our salvation, and is absolutely supreme and sufficient in authority in all matters of faith and conduct. The Bible does not simply contain the Word of God, but is, in reality, the complete revelation and very Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. – Matthew5:17-18; 24:35; John4:39; 2Timothy3:16-17; 2Peter1:19-21.
5. THE FALL OF MAN: WE BELIEVE that man was created by God by specific immediate act and in His image and likeness, morally upright and perfect, but fell by voluntary transgression. Consequently, all men are separated from original righteousness – Genesis1:26-31; Genesis3:1-7; Romans5:12-21.
6. THE ATONEMENT: WE BELIEVE that God’s answer to man’s sinful state is in the death of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ upon the cross, whose sufferings and shed blood have made full atonement for the sins of the whole world, and that there is no other ground for salvation – 2Corinthians5:18-21; Galatians1:4; Ephesians1:7; Colossians1:14; Hebrews9:25-26; 1Peter1:19-20.
7. SALVATION OF MAN: WE BELIEVE salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. This experience is also known as the new birth and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit whereupon the believing sinner is regenerated, justified, and adopted into the family of God and becomes a new creation in Christ Jesus – Titus2:11; 3:5-7; 1Peter1:23; 1John5:1
8. THE CHURCH: WE BELIEVE the Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfilment of Great Commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the General Assembly and Church of the First-born which are written in heaven – Ephesians1:22-23; 2:22; Hebrews12:23
9. WATER BAPTISM: WE BELIEVE that baptism, by single immersion, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, is enjoined upon all who have repented and have believed in Christ as Saviour and Lord, and that it is symbolic of our identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection – Matthew28:19-20; Acts10:47-48; 2:38-39; Romans6:4-5; Colossians2:12; Mark16:16
10.THE LORD’S SUPPER: WE BELIEVE the Lord’s Supper, consisting of the elements of bread and the fruit of the vine, is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (2Peter 1:4); a memorial of His sufferings and death (1Corinthians11:26); and a prophecy of His second coming (1Corinthians11:26), and is enjoined upon all believers “until He comes” – Luke22:15-20; Matthew26:26-28; Acts20:7
11.SANCTIFICATION: Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God. WE BELIEVE it is the glorious provision for every believer in Christ to be made pure in heart and wholly sanctified, through the operation of the Holy Spirit, by the blood of Jesus and the Word of God – John17:15-19; Acts15:8,9; 1Thessalonian4:3-4; Hebrews2:11; 1Thessalonian5:23-24; Hebrews10:16-19; Romans12:1-2
12.THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT: WE BELIEVE that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is the bestowing of the believer with power to be an effective witness for Christ. This experience is distinct from, and subsequent to, the New Birth; is received by faith, and is accompanied by the manifestation of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, as the initial evidence – Luke24:49; Acts1:4-5,8; Acts2:1-4; 8:15-19; 11:14-17; 19:1-7
13.GIFTS: WE BELIEVE in the present day operation of the nine supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit, as recorded in 1 Corinthians 12. We also believe in the ministry gifts of Christ, as recorded in Ephesians4:11-13
14.DIVINE HEALING: In accordance with the teachings of the Scriptures, we trust our heavenly Father to protect and heal our bodies from sickness and disease. WE BELIEVE that divine healing for the body, as with all redemptive blessings of God, has been provided for us by the atoning death and victorious resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ; it is the privilege of all believers and it is appropriated by faith in our heavenly Father’s unfailing promises – Exodus15:26; Isaiah53:4; Matthew8:16-17; 1Peter2:24; Psalms103:3; James5:14-15; Mark16:17-18
15.THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST: WE BELIEVE in the pre-millennial, imminent and personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ to gather His people unto Himself. Have this glorious hope and earnest expectation we purify ourselves, and even as He is pure, so that we may be ready to meet Him when He comes – John14:1-3; James5:7-8; Titus2:13; 1Thessalonians4:15-17; 2Thessalonians2:1; 1John2:28; 3:2-3
16.THE MILLENNIUM: WE BELIEVE in the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to set up His millennial reign on this earth – Zechariah14:5; Daniel7:22; Revelation5:9-10; Psalms96:10-13; Psalms11; Revelation20:1-10
17.THE PUNISHMENT OF THE WICKED: WE BELIEVE in the everlasting punishment of the wicked who willfully reject and despise the love of God manifested in the great sacrifice of His only Son upon the cross of their salvation – Matthew25:46; 13:49-50; Luke1:47-48; 2Thessalonians1:8-9; Romans6:23; Revelations20:11-15
18.CREATION: WE BELIEVE that the heavens and earth and all original life forms, including humanity, were made by the specific immediate creative acts of God as described in Genesis
Sunday mornings @ 9:30am
Padstow North Primary School
Halcyon Avenue, Padstow, NSW 2211
Sunday evenings @ 6:00pm
Panania Senior Citizen Centre
Anderson Avenue, Panania, NSW 2213